Monday, September 24, 2012

Paris

I can't believe we're back already.  I don't know why I thought six days would be enough time in Paris.  At least I had those six days there though.

Returning home from Paris always makes me want to be better.  Does anyone else have a place like that?  I always feel rejuvenated and motivated to be a better me after I've spent time in Paris.

I want to practice my french more, plan more trips abroad, eat more fresh foods, leave the car at home and walk more, brush my hair more often for photos...
{in front of my old apartment building - 56, blvd de la Tour-Maubourg - I wish I could've remembered the code to have a peak inside!}

I think my favorite part of the trip was seeing Dan's reaction to my favorite Paris sites, foods, places, everything.
{I was thrilled that he loved the Musée Rodin - one of my favs}

We woke up each morning and had coffee and croissants.  Dan was shocked how much better they were in Paris. (Seriously, how do they do it?! - the boulangeries are so much better there.)

We'd leave the flat in the morning and walk all over the city, returning in the afternoon for a rejuvenating nap and then back out for dinner and nightlife.

We found a flat on airbnb - which I highly recommend.  It was much more affordable than a hotel and we had a much larger space for our money (this may only apply to Paris and other $$$ cities).

{a sweet little courtyard we walked by everyday when leaving our flat - I love how there are so many of these all over Paris - most hidden behind the large street doors}

{pensive at St. Chapelle}
{being weird together - I think that's love}
{daily afternoon café - helps with jet-lag too}
{at the Louvre - apparently I packed a lot of polka dots}
{there's something about a Paris sky}
{in love with the doors at Notre Dame - Parisian buildings have the most amazing details}

I'll post later this week about our favorite restaurants and eateries.  There were so many good ones!

What are you favorite things to see in Paris?  Or if you haven't been, what would you most wish to see there?
I'm always curious what other people think of Paris.

A bientôt.
LMF

3 comments:

  1. Wow these are such gorgeous pictures! I really miss Paris <3...I think my favorite thing to do there is go to cute cafes and enjoy pastries and coffee and (hopefully) see beautiful french men...hehe ;). Anyways, your outfits are very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite cities! I can't wait to go back in November. Your photos are gorgeous! How are you liking your new camera? Are you using it in auto mode or have you learned the manual settings yet? Just curious because your pics are so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! That's so nice of you to say - I feel like I have so much to learn on it. i get a bit overwhelmed sometimes. I mainly use Aperture priority or Portrait priority mode on it. But if I hand the camera to someone else I switch it to auto-no flash. I've found this works best for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...