Was anyone else freezing watching the polar bear plunge on the Bachelor this week?
I felt chilled to the bone!
So I gathered a few of my favorite cold weather essentials. I know you're thinking - what does a girl from California know about winter. But anyone who's ever held my hand or felt my toes through socks will admit that I know cold.
- My brothers delicious hot cocoa recipe.
- The perfect throw - personally I love the plush and faux fur throws found at Restoration Hardware.
- Beauty - Kiehl's Ultimate Hand Salve and Kate Somerville's Quench - the most amazing product I've ever found.
- A hot water bottle - don't laugh, I'm serious. I first discovered these when I lived in London and I don't care if it's old womanish but there is nothing better than being wrapped in your favorite throw with a cup of hot cocoa and a hot water bottle at your feet. Nothing. It's also nice to throw under the covers to warm your bed for you. :) This is the one I have, but I'm thinking of getting one of these on sale at RH. Seriously, you can't have too many. Dan and my brother both use them when they're at my house. :)
- Cashmere socks - my favorite are from The White Company, but you can find them pretty reasonable priced at Nordstorm too.
- Cuyana cape - I was lucky enough to win this from a recent giveaway over at Caitlin's blog, Sacramento Street. It arrived on Christmas eve and may have been the best present I received. Everyone in my family tried it on and they all want one now, including my brother.
- And who can survive winter with lip balm. Honestly, I'm not too picky. I think the best lip balm is the one that you have with you.