Thursday, September 26, 2013

wishing your life away

I've had so many things to look forward to these past few weeks: my bridal shower, friends weddings, our wedding in two days, our honeymoon...and many things unrelated to weddings too.

I find myself saying, "I can't wait 'til it's the weekend." Or "I can't wait 'til our honeymoon." 
Like, I just wish it would get here faster.


Whenever a phase like that goes through my head, I hear my mom say, 
"Don't wish your life away, Lauren." 

I don't think I really understood what that meant when she first started saying that to me.
But I do now.  

Today is my first day off work for our wedding this weekend.  My mom and I are having mani / pedi's together, picking out the flowers for the bouquets, and making candy as thank you gifts for the vendors that we're working with on Saturday. And that is all I'm going to think about.

Today, I am wishing that it is today.

LMF 

image via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...