Tuesday, March 26, 2013

the star of the family: Love

One of the first time's that Dan was hanging out with my family, we were talking about one of my cousins basketball games.  Dan's a huge basketball fan and my cousin, Kenny is a senior on the varsity basketball team at my old high school. 


My mom said something that will forever go down in our family history.  When we were talking about Ken and what a great basketball player he is, my mom told Dan "he's the star of the family".

I think she may have meant the star of the basketball team or a star basketball player or something.  But she immediately caught herself and we all started laughing.

I think I responded with something like, "well that's definitely good to know."

It's now become a running joke between me and my cousin.  On his Christmas present this year, I put a glittery star and he jokes about getting to do what he wants since he's "the star".


It's all in good fun as he is one of the most humble people I know, as noted in an article about him in the local newspaper {here}.

One of his teammates is quoted saying that he is the most unselfish player on the team.  His scoring per game went down this year which a lot of people raised questions about.  It turns out this was a conscious decision he made, saying that he knew the team would be better overall if he passed the ball and made more assists than shots himself.

{the student body holds up hearts for his free throws}

Saturday was the last game of his high school career.  The team made it to the California State Championship, which has only happened 4 times in the history of the school.  It's the first time that the school didn't get stomped at the Championship.  Up until the last 3 minutes of the game the score was always within a few points.  It ended 58-52 with the other team winning.

(via)

I am so incredibly proud of my cousin.  He ends his high school basketball career with over 1,000 points scored and holding the school record for wins, 107.  More than that, you won't find a single person that could say an unkind thing about him.

(via)

One of my favorite sayings and something that I admire about him so much.

For you Ken Love:
#soproud #loveneverfails

Heck, maybe he is the star of the family. I'l have to let my brother know. :)

LMF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...