Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Home

Where do you call home?  I moved out of my parents house when I was 18 years old, which was over a decade ago.  I did move back in a couple of times in-between my few moves back and forth to Europe, so I don't if I can officially say I moved out at 18.

I own my own house now and stay at Dan's about half the time since we live so far apart from each other.  But last Sunday I spent the day at my parents house and I still found myself saying "I'm going home this weekend."

I arrived Sunday morning to my mom pulling blueberry muffins out of the oven.

My aunt came over too and we all caught up (long overdue), sipped coffee and poured over her samples (she's the gift buyer at a local winery - which is awesome!).  My mom whipped up a veggie frittata and oven roasted potatoes.
recipe {here}

We spent the rest of the afternoon just talking, and playing with Pacino.  It was exactly as it should have been.  My aunt had brought over her amazing macaroni and cheese which I had for dinner with some steamed broccoli (gotta at least try to be healthy).

We had been looking through a new recipe book of my Mom's so later that evening we decided to try out a new oatmeal cookie recipe.

{Due to calorie content, frequent home visits are limited - just kidding}

I left with a bag of food for the week and a few other goodies, a full tummy and a feeling of being home.

Recipes to follow!

LMF

Note - Photos aren't linked to the recipes we used but I was too busy eating to snap photos so these will have to stand-in :)

Image Credits 1/2/3/4/5

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day. That's nice that you consider your family house home. I moved out at 18 and never went back and I definitely do not consider either of my parent's houses my home. I consider it to be where I live. But there's something so nice and comforting knowing that you have a place to go and we loved and taken care of. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...