Thursday, July 12, 2012

Packing for Hermosa Beach

We're heading to Hermosa Beach for the weekend.  A friend's turning 30 and having an awesome boat party with about 50 of his closest friends! I cannot wait.
I'm not sure I've mentioned it before but I'm an accountant. {Please keep reading.} There is a bit of a coolness factor though, since it is for Restoration Hardware.  But other than that I'm kind of a numbers girl and quite fluent in financial reporting jargon and excel formulas.  I know, I know it really doesn't get any cooler than that.

Also, I love making lists.   So with all that combined and the fact that I sit in front of a computer all day, whenever I'm taking a trip someplace I usually create a packing list. 

Anyone else make packing lists? 

I make mine in excel {I told you I was cool}.

I thought I'd show my list for this weekend.  

I don't always make one, but it's especially helpful when I'm confined to just a carry-on and I'm trying to get as many outfits as possible out of it.  Using excel I can just copy / paste things into new outfits.  Luckily, this is a road trip so I'm only limited by what the car can hold :)

At the top of the list I put where I'm going and the dates of the trip.  I usually list out the days as well and add any significant things we're doing on those days so that I can make sure I have an outfit for those things.

For each outfit and list out just about everything I need for it, shoes, pashmina, bag, etc.  It helps me to remember all the little essentials that I wouldn't have thought of.  There's nothing worse than having the perfect white maxi dress to wear and only having brought black bras. {I think this is referred to as a first-world problem.}

For jewelry, I usually pick it out while I'm packing.  I like being able to see it all once, but I really try to ask myself what I would wear it with before I put it in the bag.  I've lost pieces before so I try not to overpack it.

I usually list miscellaneous items too: things I know I want to bring but don't specifically fit into an outfit, like pajamas, or, like this time, we're bringing puppy treats for Caper {Pacino's cousin}.

What's funny, is that I rarely remember to print out the list of made.  But somehow, just the act of consciously thinking about it and making the list is helpful for me. 

So am I a complete freak, or does anyone else make packing lists?

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Road trip!
LMF

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great time! I think it was nice and warm for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great time! I think it was nice and warm for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great time! I think it was nice and warm for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! You are so organized it puts me to shame. I create a haphazard list in my head and usually forget 50 percent of what I need.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...